• Beneficiaries of 2006 Government Budget - An article discussing the beneficiaries of the 2006 Argentinean government budget.
• Bolsar - The Buenos Aires Stock Exchange developed Bolsar in an effort to provide the most accessible way to enter the Argentine capital markets on the Internet. Registered users [Free] have access to historical pricing, financial statements, dividends and rights issues as well as bid/ask prices (30 minute delay), training and exchange reports. Subscribers [Fee-Based] also have available real time pricing, stock and option analysis, and automatic update screens.
• Buenos Aires Stock Exchange - Buenos Aires Stock Exchange. This site has a comprehensive list of brokerages and some general legal information about the Stock Exchange. It also contains descriptions of financial terms.
• Economatica - [Fee-based]. Offers data on 1,000 companies in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru and Venezuela. A free 15 day trial is available.
"El sistema Economatica ofrece un banco de datos de alta confiabilidad sobre todas las
principales empresas negociadas en bolsa. Y si estas interesado en las oportunidades creadas
por la globalizacion de los mercados, tambien podras obtener informacion sobre otras centenas
de empresas de otros 6 paises de Latino America."
• Economist Country Briefing - A comprehensive collection of recent articles, history, statistics, forecasts and related links from Economist.com.
• Fundación Invertir Argentina - Current information about the investment environment. Sources include World Bank, International Monetary Fund, The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, Wikipedia and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu.
• Recovery Response - An article discussing the response of "small business" to Argentina's financial crisis.
• Telefónica de Argentina - Online white and yellow page telephone books. English translation offered for website but all telephone listings are in Spanish.
• Argentinean Law Links
• Country Commercial Guide
• FAO Brief - Country profile by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. (Adobe Acrobat Required.)
• Historical Exch. Rates since 8/96
• RGE Monitor - [Fee-Based] news and commentary.
• Argentina Business - [Book -- Amazon]. Contains overviews of taxation, financial institutions, business policy, and has other information such as
a brief business dictionary and some maps. $19.96 (20% off).
• Buenos Aires Herald - English language version of the Buenos Aires Herald.
• Foreign Investment - Prepared by the Investment Promotion Agency of Argentina, this .pdf file discusses the advantages of investing in Argentina when compared to other Latin American countries (requires Adobe Acrobat).
• How To Dollarize In Argentina Now - A follow up to the authors' 1999 paper, A Dollarization Blueprint for Argentina. This commentary amplifies their recommendation to scrap the Argentinean Peso replacing it with the US Dollar. From the Cato Institute in Washington, DC.
• Online Business To Business Directory - A comprehensive online B2B directory of Argentinean companies including links to company websites.
• Random House Latin American Spanish Dictionary - [Book -- Amazon] This dictionary contains 10,000 entries with many words unique to Latin American countries.
• The Aftermath of Default - A policy brief from The Institute for International Economics discussing the legal and policy implications of "the biggest sovereign debt default in history."
Other Industry Research Links for Argentina
• Advertising • Aerospace • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Computers • Construction • Energy • Financial • Food • Health • Machinery • Media • Metal • Paper • Railroads • Restaurants • Retail • Rubber • Services • Shipping • Steel • Telecommunications • Tobacco •
General Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• Australia • Austria • Bahrain • Belgium • Bermuda • Bosnia • Brazil • Bulgaria • Canada • Chile • China • Colombia • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Egypt • Estonia • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Hungary • Iceland • India • Indonesia • Ireland • Israel • Italy • Japan • Jordan • Korea (South) • Latvia • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Malta • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Nigeria • Norway • Pakistan • Peru • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Russian Federation • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sri Lanka • Sweden • Switzerland • Taiwan • Thailand • Turkey • United Kingdom • United States • Venezuela • Vietnam • Zimbabwe •