• aussie.com.au - This site is basically a phone book of Australian businesses: claims to have 1.2 million entries.
• Australia Financial Review -
A newspaper with an on-line site. Has a searchable archive (which is a bit confusing to get used to, since they have both "Archive" and "Search." Archive is
apparently for the last four weeks, and search is for older articles). They also have good quote data here: open, high, low, close, market cap, dividends,
ex date, pay date, and links to other data such as charts, intra day price history, company background, etc. Most of the links require subscription.
• Australia World Direct -
This site is run by Austrade, and includes profiles of Australian exporters, which can be searched by sector. Data include name, address, phone, fax,
sector and contact person. This directory has several thousand companies.
• Australian Manufacturers Directory - Profiles are extensive if not comprehensive and include management information, products manufactured, brand name, branches, etc.
• Australian Securities and Investment Commission -
[Fee-based]. Has company filings made by both public and private companies.
• Australian Securities Exchange - Ticker, name, latest price, and volume for all Australian Exchange stocks.
• Australian Yellow Pages - The yellow pages offers addresses and business sectors for thousands of Australian companies, both private and public.
• Burdett, Buckeridge & Young Limited - [Fee-based] Australian brokerage house. They sell research reports of Aussie companies on-line.
• E.L. & C. Baillieu - This Australian brokerage offers end of day and middle day quotes for Aussie stocks. They also have the next two years' earnings, sales and
dividend estimates and long descriptive profiles for some of the largest Australian companies.
• Fairfax Research News Search -
[Fee-based]. Online archives of many Australian newspapers, including the Sydney Morning Herald, the Australian Financial Review,
and Business Review Weekly. Go to the Search section in the pull-down menu.
• High Court of Australia Cases - If you want to see if an Aussie company has ever had legal problems, this is the place! This database contains over 6,500 reported and unreported decisions of the High Court of Australia. Decisions handed down after 1947 are in full text. Earlier decisions just have the case name and cases cited. Judgments are generally available within 24 hours of being handed down. A large number of Aussie courts are in this database.
• Nationwide Business Directory of Australia - This directory organizes companies by business sector, and gives the name, address and telephone number. Some businesses also
have a one line description.
• Netquote - Provides Aussie stock quotes. Previous day closes are free; real time quotes are fee based. Offers live share prices from the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), ASX stock data downloads, financial news, ASX company announcements, online portfolio management, dynamic market quotes & data.
• Paritech -
This brokerage offers free stock charts, where you can select a variety of parameters: start, end, size, and what to graph (open, high, low, close).
They also sell historical data.
• The Trading Room - [Fee-based]. Quotes, archived news from a variety of publications and company press releases.
• Weblink -
[Fee-based]. Provides current and historical quotes, and news about Australian companies.
• Yahoo Finance - Aussie stock quotes, with a profile that gives market capitalisation, revenue, net profit after tax, EPS and dividend, a brief description and recent news stories.
Off the Web
• Australia Business : The Portable Encyclopedia for Doing Business With Australia - [Book -- Amazon]. An enclyclopedic view of doing business with Australia. Contains the how-to, where-to and who-with information needed to operate internationally. Includes sections on business culture, marketing, business law, etc.
• Australian Business Dictionary - [Book -- Amazon]. This dictionary may be of assistance for those not fully familiar with all the various financial terms.
• E.TRADE Australia - Gives investors a combination of tools and information as well as the ability to place buy and sell orders via the Internet.
• All Ordinaries Index Quote
• Australian Law Links
• Country Commercial Guide
• FAO Brief - Country profile by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. (Adobe Acrobat Required.)
• Australian Bureau of Statistics - Provides a variety of industry statistics.
Other Industry Research Links for Australia
• Advertising • Aerospace • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Construction • Electronics • Energy • Food • Health • Media • Metal • Restaurants • Rubber • Services • Shipping • Tobacco • Trucking •
General Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• Argentina • Austria • Bahrain • Belgium • Bermuda • Bosnia • Brazil • Bulgaria • Canada • Chile • China • Colombia • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Egypt • Estonia • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Hungary • Iceland • India • Indonesia • Ireland • Israel • Italy • Japan • Jordan • Korea (South) • Latvia • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Malta • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Nigeria • Norway • Pakistan • Peru • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Russian Federation • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sri Lanka • Sweden • Switzerland • Taiwan • Thailand • Turkey • United Kingdom • United States • Venezuela • Vietnam • Zimbabwe •