• Bosnian Embassy Department of Reconstruction and Economic Affairs -
Has a doing business guide and some laws online, also has lots of company data in the chamber of commerce section (click in the left frame to convert to
English). Data about the companies include contact details, employees, year founded and sector data. Note: I checked this in Nov 98,
and it was under construction, so I'm not sure if it's going to work again or not.
• Bosnian Privatization Agency -
Long profiles of companies that are going to be privatized in Bosnia. Most of this site is in English.
• Chamber of Economy of Bosnia and Herzegovina -
Their business directory, which is fully searchable, has a huge database of Bosnian companies. Profiles include description, contact details, email, number of employees, and a description of the business activity. If you need to know more about a business in Bosnia, this looks like it is the place. They've also got some general information about the economy, including reconstruction efforts.
• Rebuilding Socialism in Bosnia? -
This article from the Cato Institute, a free-market think tank in Washington, discusses problems facing the Bosnian economy. Written in 1998.
• Republic of Srbska Reconstruction and Development -
Discusses various aspects of redevelopment in the Serbian part of Bosnia (i.e., the Republic of Srbska). Has pages on agriculture, transport, trade, tourism and other sectors.
• Sarajevo Chamber of Commerce -
Takes a while to load. Has information about companies in Sarajevo.
• Tradepoint: Bosnia -
Has some general information about Bosnia, including long chapters on the regulatory environment.
• Dairy Industry in Bosnia -
Overview of the dairy industry in Bosnia, written by the US Dept. of Agriculture, June 2000. PDF.
• Paul Budde Communications: Bosnia -
Paul Budde Communications of Australia publishes many reports on the web, including a report about the Bosnian telecommunications market, which can be downloaded for US$22.50 each. Their reports appear to be updated frequently. The table of contents is available so you can see exactly what each report covers.
• Telecommunications in Bosnia -
Overview of the telecommunications market in Bosnia. From the European Commission. Concentrates on the legal environment.
• Bosnian Law Links
• U.S. Dept. of Commerce Info
Other Industry Research Links for Bosnia and Herzogovina
• Chemicals • Construction • Energy • Food • Machinery • Media • Paper •
General Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• ALGERIA • ARGENTINA • AUSTRALIA • AUSTRIA • BAHRAIN • BANGLADESH • BELGIUM • BERMUDA • BOLIVIA • BOTSWANA • BRAZIL • BULGARIA • CANADA • CHILE • CHINA • COLOMBIA • CROATIA • CYPRUS • CZECH REPUBLIC • DENMARK • ECUADOR • EGYPT • ESTONIA • FIJI • FINLAND • FRANCE • GERMANY • GHANA • GREECE • HONDURAS • HONG KONG • HUNGARY • ICELAND • INDIA • INDONESIA • IRELAND • ISRAEL • ITALY • JAMAICA • JAPAN • JORDAN • KAZAKHSTAN • KENYA • KOREA (SOUTH) • LATVIA • LEBANON • LITHUANIA • LUXEMBOURG • MALAYSIA • MALTA • MAURITIUS • MEXICO • MOROCCO • NETHERLANDS • NEW ZEALAND • NIGERIA • NORWAY • PAKISTAN • PANAMA • PERU • PHILIPPINES • POLAND • PORTUGAL • ROMANIA • RUSSIAN FEDERATION • SAUDI ARABIA • SINGAPORE • SLOVAKIA • SLOVENIA • SOUTH AFRICA • SPAIN • SRI LANKA • SWEDEN • SWITZERLAND • TAIWAN • THAILAND • TURKEY • UKRAINE • UNITED KINGDOM • UNITED STATES • URUGUAY • UZBEKISTAN • VENEZUELA • VIETNAM • ZAMBIA • ZIMBABWE •