• Albertina -
[Fee-based]. Offers various company and financial databases, including a database of over two million companies in the Czech and Slovak Republics. They also market Hoppenstedt's database of Czech companies.
• Economy.cz - Huge directory of companies. The interface is in Czech.
• European Databank - In English and Czech, this is a very large directory of Czech firms. Name, address, telephone, email, contact, tax ID and overview of the company provided.
• Inform Katalog -
Available in Czech or English, this page gives the name, address and phone number of 50,000 Czech businesses.
• Prague Stock Exchange - For stocks that trade on the Prague Stock Exchange, you can get the ISIN, BIC, sector (in Czech), nominal share value, number of
shares outstanding, dividend and earning per share, yearly minimum and maximum price, and the latest price.
• RM System - Contains pricing data for stocks that trade on the RM System: you get continuous auction quotes, block trades, off-market transfers, security transfers and free-of-charge transfers.
In English or Czech.
• Stocks and Funds in the Czech Republic -
At this site, you can search for Czech stocks by name, ISIN or BIC symbol, or you can select the security from
an alphabetical list. You then get the price and change for the stock on both the RM System (RMS) and the Prague
Stock Exchange (BCP). You also get the ISIN and BIC, and you can get a graph of the stock price. When you graph the stock,
you get a table with the last 10 days prices.
|a.s.||akciova spolecnost. Joint stock company. Owners have limited liability. Share capital must
be at least CZK 1 million. The company must put at least 20% of the capital into a reserve fund, which is funded by after-tax profits.
The accounts must be audited annually. There must be at least three members on the board of directors, and each member must be a Czech
citizen or resident.
|k.s.||komanditni spolecnost. Limited partnership. One partner must have unlimited liability, although other partners can carry
|spol. s r.o.||spolecnost s rucenim omezenym. Limited liability company. This type of company cannot trade on the stock exchange,
but owners have limited liability up to their unpaid deposits. This type of company must have share capital of at least CZK 100,000, and each shareholder
must contribute at least CZK 20,000. A reserve fund of at least 10% of the share capital must be created from the profits. There is a maximum of 50
shareholders. Directors must be Czech citizens or residents. An annual audit is usually not required.
|v.o.s.||verejna obchodni spolecnost. General partnership. Partners are fully liable.
• Country Commercial Guide - Adobe Acrobat Required.
• Czech Law Links
• FAO Brief - Country profile by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. (Adobe Acrobat Required.)
• The World Factbook - Report compiled by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency.
• Czech Invest - General overview of the Czech business climate. This organization is part of the Czech Ministry of Trade and Industry.
• Euro Business Czech-English Dictionary - [Book -- Internet Bookshop]. For business and finance terms.
• Foreign Direct Investment - Information on foreign direct investment in the Czech Republic.
• Renaissance: The Rebirth of Liberty in Central Europe -
[Book -- Internet Bookshop]. This collection of speeches by Vaclav Klaus, former president of the Czech Republic, outline his thoughts and observations as the Czech Republic
transformed itself to a free-market economy. Published by the Cato Institute in Washington, DC.
Other Industry Research Links for Czech Republic
• Advertising • Aerospace • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Construction • Energy • Financial • Food • Furniture • Glass • Media • Paper • Recreation • Restaurants • Retail • Services • Steel •
General Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• Argentina • Australia • Austria • Bahrain • Belgium • Bermuda • Bosnia • Brazil • Bulgaria • Canada • Chile • China • Colombia • Croatia • Cyprus • Denmark • Egypt • Estonia • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Hungary • Iceland • India • Indonesia • Ireland • Israel • Italy • Japan • Jordan • Korea (South) • Latvia • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Malta • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Nigeria • Norway • Pakistan • Peru • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Russian Federation • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sri Lanka • Sweden • Switzerland • Taiwan • Thailand • Turkey • United Kingdom • United States • Venezuela • Vietnam • Zimbabwe •