• Access Hungary - Provides stock quotes from the Budapest Stock Exchange: includes volume, open, close, and 52 week high and low. Also has a company
profiles section, which includes financial statements from approximately 30 Hungarian companies. Some analysis reports from Citibank
are also available here. This site also has sections on tax law and contains a business guide: this is a very good site for
researching Hungarian companies.
• Budapest Stock Exchange -
Stock prices, volume, high, lows, etc. Also included is basic issue information: issue date, listing date, nominal value, shares outstanding.
• Company Information Service (Hungary) -
[Fee-based]. Sells research reports about Hungarian companies: mainly registration documents, etc.
• Hungarian Privatization Agency -
Has a database of companies for privatization: you must download this program for your PC. In English, German and Hungarian. The installation process
for this program is fairly difficult: be prepared for frustration.
• Hungarian Yellow Pages -
In English and Hungarian: includes a description of each business.
• Top 100 Hungarian Companies -
Based on 1996 sales: provides sector, sales and gross profit in 1995 and 1996, and number of employees.
|bt||betéti társaság. Limited partnership. One partner must have unlimited liability, while other
investors can have limited liabilities. The partners with limited liability cannot manage the company.
|Kft||korlátolt felelosségû társaság, limited liability company. Similar to the German GmbH, this type of company
offers limited liability, although the shares cannot trade publicly. Requires only one shareholder. Minimum share capital is HUF 1 million. Each owner's share must be at
least HUF 100,000. Share capital can be increased at any time. Banks and insurance companies cannot have this structure: they must be RTs.
|Kkt||közkereseti társaság, General Partnership. All partners have unlimited liability.
|kv||közös vállalat. Business association of two or more companies, which have limited liability.
|Rt||Részvénytársaság, Stock Company. All Hungarian publicly-traded companies are incorporated via this structure. However, an Rt doesn't
necessarily mean that a company is publicly traded, and Rt companies may have as few as one shareholder. However, there are three board members required. Minimum share
capital is HUF 10 million. Share capital may not be increased during the first two years (with certain limited exceptions). Banks and insurance companies must have this structure.
• Country Commercial Guide
• FAO Brief - Country profile by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. (Adobe Acrobat Required.)
• Hungarian Law Links
Other Industry Research Links for Hungary
• Advertising • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Construction • Electronics • Energy • Financial • Food • Media • Restaurants • Services • Tobacco •
General Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• Argentina • Australia • Austria • Bahrain • Belgium • Bermuda • Bosnia • Brazil • Bulgaria • Canada • Chile • China • Colombia • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Egypt • Estonia • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Iceland • India • Indonesia • Ireland • Israel • Italy • Japan • Jordan • Korea (South) • Latvia • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Malta • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Nigeria • Norway • Pakistan • Peru • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Russian Federation • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sri Lanka • Sweden • Switzerland • Taiwan • Thailand • Turkey • United Kingdom • United States • Venezuela • Vietnam • Zimbabwe •