• BN/De Stem -
These Dutch newspapers (De Stem and Brabants Nieuwsblad) have online searchable archives. The archives are from 1994 through October 1997). Dutch only.
• De Telegraaf - De Telegraaf is the largest Dutch newspaper, and they have an archive on-line. This site is Dutch only.
• Faxgids -
This site has the Fax Gids, which contains the name, address, phone and fax of many (all?) Dutch companies. You can even do
a reverse lookup by phone or fax number. You can also access the Bedrijfs Infolijn, which has the same information as the Fax Gids,
but also has the contact person, number of employees, legal form of the business, sector and whether or not the firm exports or
imports. I'm not sure if the Bedrijfs Infolijn is not as comprehensive as the Fax Gids.
• FIBBS -
Dutch stock and option quotes, in English or Dutch. Open, high, low, close and volume provided. Historical quotes are available for a fee.
"Als officiële dataleverancier van o.a. de Amsterdamse Effectenbeurs en de Optiebeurs levert FIBBS Financiële Databank al
sinds 1988 beurs- en optiekoersen aan particulieren en financiële instellingen."
• Holland Business -
Brief synopses of Dutch companies. Organized by sector. Many of the companies are still being updated, but the
ones that are done have a brief description of the company and its activities. Most of the information is available only in Dutch.
• Hoovers Profiles of Dutch companies - Profiles of Dutch companies from Hoovers -- covers the larger companies, and are about a paragraph in length each. Also gives sales and officer names.
• ITT Gouden Gids -
Yellow Pages. Addresses, phone and fax numbers for 600,000 Dutch companies. All Dutch, no English.
600.000 bedrijven on-line beschikbaar.
• Nedkoers -
End of day prices for the 172 Dutch stocks traded on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange: open, high, low, and close are provided. In Dutch or English. You have to download
the prices and then view them in Excel or another program.
Op deze pagina staat het bestand met de openings-, de hoogste, de laagste,
de slotkoersen en de omzet van 172 aandelen genoteerd aan de Amsterdamse Effectenbeurs.
• Rene goes Financial -
In English. Profiles of companies listed on the Amsterdam stock exchange. Data include a brief description, summary
financials for the last four years, address, telephone and fax numbers, home page link and chart of the stock price.
This is also a good site, and might be more helpful for non-Dutch speakers than the previous site.
• Scoot Nederland -
Directory of over 600,000 businesses in the Netherlands: you can search by sector (but with the Dutch terminology only), or by name. To search by name, click Bedrijfsnaam.
This site is all in Dutch. "Scoot vindt altijd wat u zoekt. Omdat Scoot beschikt over een database met gedetailleerde
informatie over meer dan 600.000 bedrijven. Meer dan 10.000 trefwoorden leiden direct naar het bedrijf dat u zoekt."
• SNS Securities -
Very nice English language write-ups of Dutch companies by analysts, in English. Has news, earnings estimates,
summary financials, major shareholders. Definitely a site to check out if you are researching a Dutch company.
• Wie Levert -
Dutch guide that is somewhat similar to the Thomas Register in the United States. You can search by name or product, but it's all Dutch, so you'll have to know the Dutch
name of the product (i.e., use a dictionary). It looks like they've got about 150,000 companies in their database. They provide name, address, phone, fax and products. For many (but not all)
companies, they also provide the year founded, share capital, company registry number, bank, bank number, type of company (i.e., importer, exporter), and what products the company distributes.
Deze inkoopdatabank bevat ruim 150.000 geregistreerde merkrelaties en handelsnamen op het gebied van: industrie, bouw, nijverheid, handel. Inclusief de bedrijfsgegevens en leveringsprogramma's van de
ruim 4.000 leveranciers (fabrikanten, importeurs, dealers).
|BV||Besloten Vennootschap. Limited Liability company; does not trade on the stock
exchanges. Minimum share capital of NLG 40,000 is required.
|CV||Commanditaire Vennootschap. Limited Partnership. One partner must have unlimited
liability, and the other partners can have limited liability.
|NV||Naamloze Vennootschap. Stock company. All publicly traded companies are NVs, but not
all NVs are necessarily publicly-traded. Minimum share capital is NLG 100,000.
|VoF||Vennootschap onder Firma. General Partnership, consisting of at least two people or legal entities.
All partners have unlimited liability.
Off the Web
• Dutch-English, English-Dutch Dictionary -
[Book -- Amazon]. This dictionary contains 35,000 entries, and could be useful when researching
Dutch companies, as some of the above sites are Dutch only. $13.56 (20% off).
• Country Commercial Guide
• Daily NLG/USD 1971-1993
• Daily NLG/USD since 1994
• Dutch Law Links
• FAO Brief - Country profile by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. (Adobe Acrobat Required.)
• Holland Trade Industrial Fact Sheets
• Rabobank Econ. Survey
• Belastingdienst -
The Dutch tax office. This site is all in Dutch, and if you don't speak Dutch, don't bother.
Op de belastingdienstsite vindt u informatie voor particulieren, ondernemers en over douane. Daarnaast treft u algemene infomatie aan, zoals het
jaarverslag, informatie over de euro en vacatures.
• Statistics Netherlands -
Dutch economic information, from the Dutch government.
Other Industry Research Links for Netherlands
• Advertising • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Energy • Financial • Food • Furniture • Restaurants • Retail • Services • Shipping •
General Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• Argentina • Australia • Austria • Bahrain • Belgium • Bermuda • Bosnia • Brazil • Bulgaria • Canada • Chile • China • Colombia • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Egypt • Estonia • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hong Kong • Hungary • Iceland • India • Indonesia • Ireland • Israel • Italy • Japan • Jordan • Korea (South) • Latvia • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Malaysia • Malta • Mexico • Morocco • New Zealand • Nigeria • Norway • Pakistan • Peru • Philippines • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Russian Federation • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sri Lanka • Sweden • Switzerland • Taiwan • Thailand • Turkey • United Kingdom • United States • Venezuela • Vietnam • Zimbabwe •