• Bucharest Stock Exchange - The official site. Provides quotes, volume, number of trades, etc. and also the sector, share capital, sales, profit, number of shares outstanding, number of shares owned by the state fund, private funds, and the
public. Also gives the book value per share. Also gives the regulations of the exchange.
• Bucharest Stock Exchange -
A mirror of the above site.
• Bucharest Stock Exchange -
This site also claims that is the official site of the BSE. The listed companies section has a lot of information (financial statement summaries and ratios, stock graphs, description, etc), but not that many companies
are covered at this "official" site.
• Bursa de Valori Bucaresti -
Bucharest Stock Exchange Information (this isn't the official site). Detailed profiles of the companies, including financial statement information.
However, it's all in Romanian, which is a Romance language, and thus there are many recognizable words. There
is also some news in English. Not many companies, but it's Romania...
• Delos Business InfoCenter - [FEE-BASED]
This site offers corporate profiles of Romanian companies for US$25, and they have a sample available. You can also get complete financial statements and credit
reports for higher fees. If you need the data, and it's not available from one of the free sites, this might be a suitable alternative if you're willing to pay. They
accept Visa, and the reports are sent the same day, and for higher cost, they'll deliver within 60 minutes. Note: as with any fee-based site listed on these pages, I make
no guarantee about the service or reliability of this information provider. I have not seen any other reports than the free sample, and I have not used their service.
This link has been added because certain users of this page may find the information useful. This company does take Visa, which may offer you certain protection or guarantees.
• Microsistem -
This appears to be a very large database of Romanian companies, and gives the name, address, director, telephone/fax, and sector information for thousands
of Romanian companies. The menu pages are available in English or Romanian, but you have to type in the name of a Romanian sector (or company) you want to search
for. So if you don't know the Romanian name of a sector, you should either look up a company within that sector or consult a dictionary (and if anyone knows of a good
Romanian/English dictionary on the web, let me know!).
• RASDAQ -
The Romanian equivalent to Nasdaq. Provides stock quotes, and if you click the name, you get a graph of that security. You also get the address, several clearing house codes,
number of shareholders and some other data. In Romanian or English.
• RASDAQ (2) -
Another site that covers RASDAQ. Has pretty much the same data as the site above, but has stock charts too.
• Romania -- Investment Opportunities -
No forms to fill out here. This page also offers information about companies planned for privatization. Information
provided includes name, address, year established, business profile, share capital, employees, turnover, expected investment,
current owners, etc. If you want to buy a Romanian state company, check this page out.
• Romanian Business -
This site has lots of macroeconomic information besides corporate information. The reason this page gets listed here is
because it offers a list of the major foreign investors (along with the amount they invested), a list of all joint ventures of more than
$4.0 million, and gives the names and phone numbers of a large number of banks and stockbrokers.
• Romanian Development Agency -
You have to fill out forms to get free information from the RDA. Then they email you information about companies
that will be privatized.
• Romanian Yellow Pages -
Very large database of Romanian companies: contact details and sector provided.
• State Ownership Fund -
Profiles of Romanian companies that will be privatized.
• CEEBICNet: Romania
• Country Commercial Guide
• Romanian Law Links
• U.S. Dept. of Commerce Reports
• Business Central Europe -
The web site of the magazine published by the Economist Group offers a database of macroeconomic statistics and a few of the articles from the most recent issue.
• Doing Business with Romania -
[Book -- Amazon]. By Adam Jolly. Information about doing business in Romania. $64.50.
• Romanian-English, English-Romanian Dictionary -
[Book -- Amazon]. This 567 page dictionary should help with the Romanian sites listed above. Price is $17.56 (20% off the publisher's price), and the book is usually shipped in 2-3 days.
Other Industry Research Links for Romania
• Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Construction • Energy • Financial • Food • Health • Machinery • Media • Paper • Rubber • Steel • Telecommunications • Tobacco •
General Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• ALGERIA • ARGENTINA • AUSTRALIA • AUSTRIA • BAHRAIN • BANGLADESH • BELGIUM • BERMUDA • BOLIVIA • BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA • BOTSWANA • BRAZIL • BULGARIA • CANADA • CHILE • CHINA • COLOMBIA • CROATIA • CYPRUS • CZECH REPUBLIC • DENMARK • ECUADOR • EGYPT • ESTONIA • FIJI • FINLAND • FRANCE • GERMANY • GHANA • GREECE • HONDURAS • HONG KONG • HUNGARY • ICELAND • INDIA • INDONESIA • IRELAND • ISRAEL • ITALY • JAMAICA • JAPAN • JORDAN • KAZAKHSTAN • KENYA • KOREA (SOUTH) • LATVIA • LEBANON • LITHUANIA • LUXEMBOURG • MALAYSIA • MALTA • MAURITIUS • MEXICO • MOROCCO • NETHERLANDS • NEW ZEALAND • NIGERIA • NORWAY • PAKISTAN • PANAMA • PERU • PHILIPPINES • POLAND • PORTUGAL • RUSSIAN FEDERATION • SAUDI ARABIA • SINGAPORE • SLOVAKIA • SLOVENIA • SOUTH AFRICA • SPAIN • SRI LANKA • SWEDEN • SWITZERLAND • TAIWAN • THAILAND • TURKEY • UKRAINE • UNITED KINGDOM • UNITED STATES • URUGUAY • UZBEKISTAN • VENEZUELA • VIETNAM • ZAMBIA • ZIMBABWE •