• Directory - A listing of railway companies.
• Directory - A listing of companies associated with railway organizations.
• Directory - Members of the Railway Industry Association.
• Directory - Links to websites of rail, tram, tube and related companies provided by National Rail.
• Infrastructure - This "Annual Return" provides a report on Network Rail, the national railway infrastructure provided. (Adobe Acrobat Required.)
• Market Report - [Fee-based] report from Key Note. A free company listing and Executive Summary is provided.
• MBD Reports - Links to [Fee-based] Mintel.com reports on several sectors. A lengthy synopsis of each report is provided without charge.
• Plans - This Network Rail webpage provides links to (.PDF) files of the lastest Business Plan, Management Plan, Route Plans (for 26 lines) and Summary Plan.
• Publications - This webpage provides links to numerous reports prepared by the Department for Transport.
• Research - The Department for Transport provides links to various research papers on this webpage.
• Statistics - A brief (.PDF) report presented by National Rail.
• Light Rail Transit Association -
This is a political organisation that advocates more trams and light rail in the United Kingdom. They have some fact sheets on their page, but note that they have a bias in favour of tramways, so be forewarned!
Other Industry Research Links for United Kingdom
• Advertising • Aerospace • Apparel • Automotive • Chemicals • Computers • Construction • Electrical • Electronics • Energy • Financial • Food • Furniture • General • Glass • Health • Machinery • Media • Metal • Paper • Recreation • Restaurants • Retail • Rubber • Services • Shipping • Steel • Telecommunications • Tobacco • Trucking •
Railroads Industry Research Links for Other Countries
• ARGENTINA • CHILE • ESTONIA • FINLAND • INDONESIA • JAPAN • KOREA (SOUTH) • LUXEMBOURG • SOUTH AFRICA • SWITZERLAND • UNITED STATES •